thin insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody help with a manufacturer of stuff I have seen,and now need. I want to insulate between rafters and also (plaster)board between rafters leaving them exposed. The rafters are only about (they vary) 125mm deep, meaning depth availiable is limited. I have seen a blanket type of insulation comprising multiple layers of very thin foam sheet interleaved with thin layers of foil. I have heard this is very efficient and would solve my problems.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
tri-iso super 9 by ASctis is wat your after fix some battens to the inside of your rafters attach the tri-iso to this and then another batten and then your plasterboard

Chappers, you are a star!

Since I am tight on space. What do you think about this:

Fix tri-iso by trapping edges beneath battens on each side of the rafter space, then fix plasterboard to that same batten. Saves on materials and space?

Mark

Sponsored Links
markb said:
Chappers, you are a star!

Since I am tight on space. What do you think about this:

Fix tri-iso by trapping edges beneath battens on each side of the rafter space, then fix plasterboard to that same batten. Saves on materials and space?

Mark
Hi mark, You are right this would work, I am not sure about Tri-iso but if you look at Screwfix on line at screwfix.com page 393 you will see Airtec Double £2.98 sqm i have used this and it will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back