thing of beauty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just witnessed the lancaster, hurricane, and spitfire fly right over my house, what can i say you cnt appretciate the sheer power and majesty of these aircraft untill they fly soo close to you that you feel you can reach them.
amazeing. :D

Sponsored Links
Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up seeing a sight like that!
You lucky s*d!

You lucky thing!

Wolverhampton is too far for them to travel :evil:

Love those old planes.

Sponsored Links
I was on an agricultural show years back when a hurricane flew over...no way was he above the minimum height allowed...I've never seen a thousand people duck before...the noise was terrific....magic!

Saw a Lancaster a few years ago whilst working in Matlock. I think they were recreating the route flown by the Dambusters whilst practicing their bombing runs up at Ladybower and Derwent reservoirs in the 40's. The sound of the 4 engines is just something else. ;) ;)

Deffo the roar of the lanc, with a sit and hurricane going overhead is magical.

Try being under a Tornado at Mach as its coming in for a straffing run..........now thats noise!

there was a spitfire cruising round my neighbourhood last summer for quite a few days. hope he comes back this summer.....the noise was glorious. :D girlfriend hated it and had to go inside.....women. :rolleyes:

The noise of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine is a sound to be remembered, as is the noise made by a Napier Deltic at full chat, both very distinctive.
Any others?

Wotan

the misses watched the wedding and as soon as they flew over buck house i decided to go have a fag because i knew they would fly over ours.
the old style planes in my opinion were much better i know they would get trounced in a dog fight by modern fighters but just look and listen to the olduns, brilliant stuff.
we had obama fly over ours aswell wen he visited just after made presidency, night time huge helicopter and fighter jet escourt that was good to watch aswell

The noise of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine is a sound to be remembered, as is the noise made by a Napier Deltic at full chat, both very distinctive.
Any others?

Wotan

rolls royce olympus,music to my ears :D

It is a shame that Concorde isn't still flying. That in formation with the Red Arrows is a sight to behold.

You should try living close to an airforce base , you can then experience the majestic power of stupidly low flying aircraft all the time , night and day.
My 10 month old daughter loves being suddenly woke up by them , especially when she is teething.

sorry , rant over.

You should try living close to an airforce base , you can then experience the majestic power of stupidly low flying aircraft all the time , night and day.
My 10 month old daughter loves being suddenly woke up by them , especially when she is teething.

sorry , rant over.

you lucky git

Have you ever tried to put a teething baby to sleep? I wouldn't say its a lucky situation to be in.
Lots of nice war birds to look at though.

Sponsored Links
Back