Think I have now broke my Potterton Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for your advice in advance. I have a potterton Performa He and when I put the heating on a couple of days ago the rads downstairs were cold. I bled all radiators and then turned them all off and starting downstairs tried switching them on one at a time to see if they got hot. After a while one at a time they did so I tried to put a few on downstairs and they went cold again. I checked the pressure and raised it with the loop thing, there seemed to be a lot of air come from the boiler and then the rads started to get hot. Great I thought then after about 10 mins that rads went cold again ( all over now) including the upstairs? The pressure has now raised a bit to high and am unsure how to reduce? Not sure what to do now? Any help please?

Sponsored Links
Is it a combi, model no.? Pressure when cold should be about 1 bar and will rise to about 1.5 bar when hot. Get a cup to catch the water and open an air vent and let out about two cups of water from a radiator and that should lower the pressure by about 0.5 bar on your system . Let out more if necessary to get back to 1 bar. Then fire the boiler up and you should be ok. :LOL:

I think it is a performa HE 80. To be honest I have always kept the pressure at 2.5 as this is mid way between both red sections and it states to keep at around about 2? It is now showing 3.5?? Not sure why the rads are not working though? Thanks for the reply

Is there water dribbling from the pressure relief pipe which goes through the wall?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back