thinking about a zinc roof

I believe what you're saying BPC but I bet that felt is a lot more expensive which then makes you question using it. My point was finding a felt roofer who would put his money where his mouth is and give a decent guarantee.

As a qualified installer you should have faith in the products you use, I would always give 80 years + on all my products and that's because I believe in them.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I was just wondering if it would be possible to cover a ridge of coping stones in zinc, and if his would be cheaper than lead. Everything that I have tried prior to this idea has failed to prevent the rain water passing through the coping stones. What is the durability of zinc?

Would it be an expensive job to mould the zinc around the coping stones.
Why coping stones were needed in the first place is beyond me, especially when the roof is the same level as the neighbouring property. It would have been better to have just slated across the solid cavity wall.

Zinc would definately be cheaper than lead but you do need a timber build up in able to zinc to it.

The average gaurantee for zinc is about 80 years unless i'm fitting it then I would give a lifetime garuntee.

If you could send me some pictures I could advise the best course of action.

Rainwater does not pass through coping stones! it gets through the joints.
your other option would be to remove and re-bed the copes.

Sponsored Links
can some one please give me a quotation for a zinc roof the job is near bury st edmunds
size 3 metres x 1.5 metres

About £650 + vat tops. Might be cheaper depending on the type of zinc you would like and the level of detail involved.

h.m.k . can you hang around the forum for 5 years until we have some money to replace our flat roof over the kitchen and garage ;)

I'm sure you've got plenty of money Nige........

How big is it? Every so often I can offer deals on surplus stock.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back