Thinking of buying this conservatory, a couple of questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I'm thinking about buying this conservatory

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conservat..._Garden_Conservatories_ET&hash=item2ed84a7ba7

I'm wondering if the ends panels can be swapped so the door opens to the left

I suppose it depends on the angled top windows seperating from the lower sections. It is all one piece i'm a bit stuffed

I'm also wondering if pvc doors can their hinges swapped, so the door can open left/right instead of right/left

:confused:

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
it is posible to cut the tops off and swap sides and you can stud and clad the tops, the door cant be switched round though :D

Sponsored Links
its very easy to do, the only thing i notice is that the roof is not the best unless you have lots of potted plants :rolleyes: they are very brittle and prone to leaks, especially if you are trying to dismantle and refit without any probs,

I was hoping to use as is

Actually it will mainly be for the plants (!) but i do want it to seal properly

Anyway i have placed a bid!

:)

its very easy to do, the only thing i notice is that the roof is not the best unless you have lots of potted plants :rolleyes: they are very brittle and prone to leaks, especially if you are trying to dismantle and refit without any probs,

I agree, that's an old everlite 300 roof and will without any hesitation crack, break, split and basically disintegrate when dismantling, the top layer of the 3 is not UV stable and becomes ultra brittle, bear this in mind when bidding, you'll certainly need a new roof, options are an ultralite 500 which is very similar to the everlite 300 OR go the polycarbonate route and make your own supporting bars, a company I knew of years ago used white square drainpipe stuffed with 70mm x 70mm softwood for strength and formed a roof with it :eek: :D , you could also buy a purpose made system (google 'self supporting glazing bars')

Hi, I bought the conservatory

It came down today without any problem

The roof was fine, there were some screws arund the edge and it then slid off in sections

Maybe s60tsy could give a little more info on if the end panels are cut, how they go back together?

I may take then to local window makers to see what they say i wonder if i might have to explain the theory :oops:

Anyway i'm relieved that it came down pretty easy and as far i can tell nothing broke :)

Edit that: Is it possible to swap end panels so the inside becomes the outside and the roof angle stays the same?

At the moment i know the door would open inwards, but i thin that would work, wouldn't it?

if you cut the frame it wont go back together, you would have to make a frame out of wood at the top and clad it. and having the frames inside out may cause a few problems with regards to security/looks/performance/drainage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back