Thinking of Getting a 2010 Golf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, it's car change time, I'm quite fancying a 2010/11 Golf, the 2.0 GT TDI, prolly about 40-50k on the clock, cost around £9k, they seem to have enough power to be adequate, enough creature comforts and tick all the practical user boxes but I'm not one to change cars every few years I expect to keep it approx say 8 years, is there anything I should be wary of?

Sponsored Links
I would look to buy a MK7 as the MK8 is looming and the MK6 your after will loose money.

Never liked the MK6 owned a 1,2,4,5&7 as it always seemed a stop gap, lost their way with that model like they did with the MK3.

The 4&5 were both R32's, the 7's a R. Tried audi before the 7 and they just ain't a golf.

If you buy from a VAG dealer, they should have replaced the timing belt......although not yet there on mileage, its due date wise and this could save you a considerable fee.
FSH vital on these long oil change interval vehicles as a smoky turbo results if its been skimped.
A bloomin' good car at the end of the day and loads about so there's no need to rush to buy the first you see. Good luck with the hunt!
John :)

Thanks guys, been studying and by all accounts the mk7 is a lot better than the mk6 as you mentioned LeeC so may have to beg borrow and steal to try and get that one, my research is telling me cambelt period is 5 years so at least that's a year or two off.

Sponsored Links
The other half has had a couple of golfs, the last one he got nearly 250k on the clock but some drunk driver wrote it off in a car park. He loves them, fun to drive and real work-horses, well worth the pricer tag.

Are golf cambelts also supposed to be changed at about 60k too? Could be wrong on that tho!

Back