This is what the kids are like in Australia.

Sponsored Links
They are immigrants there. They should be sent packing.

If you've lived in Aus you'd know. Grass isn't always greener. Far more immigrants there than here.

But to stay with the point.

Do you agree that your op is just some facebook /twitter derived nonsense to see how many followers or likes a status could achieve.

Wether people agree with it or not. The link proves that it's, whilst not in the degree of an urban myth, it's certainly a net "fad" and actually has more hits for rip broken Britain the rip broken Australia.

But the fact that it is posted as 'Broken Australia' indicates that it is an apt comment on the country, otherwise it would be pointless anyone posting it.

It's a fad.

It may be true, it may not. But your argument was for someone to prove that it was an urban myth or a frequently used set of text just replacing the country name.

People post stuff on the net to be part of fads. It doesn't mean it's true.

Besides have you seen the intelligence of these posters other insights into politico social life ;)

Sponsored Links
It's a fad.

It may be true, it may not. But your argument was for someone to prove that it was an urban myth or a frequently used set of text just replacing the country name.

People post stuff on the net to be part of fads. It doesn't mean it's true.

Besides have you seen the intelligence of these posters other insights into politico social life ;)

Fad or not it has to be relevant to the target audience. How many 'broken Denmark' or Finland have you seen? Sweden? Hong Kong? Nope - because it wouldn't strike a chord with the target audience, but 'broken Australia' does. Geddit yet?

It's an Internet fad popular with face bookers and twitters to see how many likes or followers they get.

If you looked then the media reporting of the riots were most prominent in the us and Australia, especially given the us involvement in offering advice on how to deal with gangs. That made top news in the us for quite a while over many demographics.

Just like all previous fads, hey remember rick-rolling?

Geddit yet?

No I don't remember him. I have brothers there that tell me what it's like. Gedditt yet?

Unfortunately I have to be up very early tomorrow so I'll have to pick up on your responses tomorrow evening. :)

No I don't remember him. I have brothers there that tell me what it's like. Gedditt yet?
Are those the immigrant brothers that you hold to blame for the op ?

Look you stated you wanted proof that it was an urban myth or a widely used quote with a countries name transposed in place of another.

The links prove that it is, if you don't understand why the media saturation of the riots and thus the taken of this fad is predominant in the us and australia then do a google search on the new on the riots and it's geographic placement.

Yeh, cause i need to run away once myself and other have proven your posts wrong.

:rolleyes:

To recap

You posted a piece of text which is used by face bookers /twitters to gain followers or likes, because the "broken x " is an emotive subject

You then, after Alarm said it was an urban myth, called for citation

I provided such and also pointed out that "broken Britain" has more hits then "broken Australia"

You then went on to somehow decree that the grass isn't greener because they, Australia, have more immigrant then britain. Despite the fact your source of knowledge is your mum and brothers who you acknowledge are immigrants to Australia and therefore part of the problem.

Thus enters a silly debate about how you don't understand that media saturation affects people of that nation using it for emotive effect to gain "net credits".

Society in a lot of places is broken, hong kong maybe more so than other places. But that was not your original point, you asked for proof that dot her countries names were used in the op text and it was proved so.

Ps : google rick rolling to understand the kind of Internet phenomenon we are talking about.

Old people have always complained about young people. Try this:

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless
beyond words.

When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of
elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of
restraint.

Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.

Plato probably said something similar.

Sponsored Links
Back