This Is Wrong

Sponsored Links
The major part is that many, too many are breaking the law and that is a fact.
The insurance companies do a good job checking car for mods but the law should be changed for those that upgrade power on a cheap car
must also by law upgrade brakes if power is increased by more that 4%.

So many people go around not being able to afford a decent, more powerful car get a cheap upgrade then fail to upgrade the brakes and we all know what happens next.

Thanks

This happened because there is no policing of such behaviour on the roads. there’s no police presence anywhere other than outside junkie houses and mcdonalds drive thrus. Basically if there’s no camera it’s game on for these idiots.
whether he was insured or not has no relevance on the accident or the outcome. And the reason he failed to provide the pin to his phone is most likely his antics are all over tiktok or instagram.
Another fad fuelled by poor policing and innadequate legislation.

A law should be in place where those that up the power on cheap cars must upgrade the brakes. Those that sell chips for power upgrades must
take the car reg and advise the dvla. This way more people will not make the foolish and dangerous mistake of not having the brakes upgraded which puts everyone else at risk.

A law should be in place where those that up the power on cheap cars must upgrade the brakes. Those that sell chips for power upgrades must
take the car reg and advise the dvla. This way more people will not make the foolish and dangerous mistake of not having the brakes upgraded which puts everyone else at risk.

sounds good , I’m all for it. Won’t happen though. the revenue generated in this industry is more valuable to the economy than one or indeed a hundred lives.

Sponsored Links
A major part of the problem, is the simple lack of any policing on the roads.
A major part of the problem is people, to varying degrees, not driving within (or at least close to) the letter of the law. Of course very obvious crimes committed behind the wheel are one thing, however it then trickles all the way down to less serious stuff. And no, I'm not saying I'm the perfect driver ;)

How many drivers tailgate? How many think it's acceptable to drive ~10mph more (or higher) than speed limits within built up areas? Moan about speed cameras. etc etc.

It's a bit like at school when the one misbehaving kid spoiled things for the whole class. It's drivers that break the law (from low level to serious stuff) that give government just cause to implement ever tighter restrictions around driving.

I'm getting to the stage where I'd welcome speed limiters and tailgate avoidance systems in all cars, cause at least it would mitigate having ar5eholes on my tail when driving through town on or close to the speed limit ... I mean how DARE I do such a thing.

no they don’t , I have a modified motorbike that they know nothing about. they took my information at face value when i bought the policy online.

Yes they do. Some clown crashed into back of my car at a zebra crossing about 15/18 years ago and th ins assessor agreed to meet me at my home during my lunch break from work. He could not lift the bonnet on the audi and I said the car/clown hit the back of my car - he said he was looking for the vin but then i told him where it was. he told me they have a quick look for mods/chips to the engine etc.
thanks.

Yes they do. Some clown crashed into back of my car at a zebra crossing about 15/18 years ago and th ins assessor agreed to meet me at my home during my lunch break from work. He could not lift the bonnet on the audi and I said the car/clown hit the back of my car - he said he was looking for the vin but then i told him where it was. he told me they have a quick look for mods/chips to the engine etc.
thanks.

After the event. Hardly doing a good job.

Another fad fuelled by poor policing and innadequate legislation.
The Police are hamstrung by the lack of support from the legal system. They do the hard work but the CPS and judiciary are reluctant to punish. There are several Police programmes on TV, and one I watched showed a discussion between a beat sergeant and a custody sergeant regarding people bought in for being drunk and disorderly. Beat sarge wanted them locked up, custody sarge said no as he reckoned that CPS wouldn't charge them.

He did not break the law but should have tried to ensure the modification would be known to and accepted by the insurance company before altering the car.

Did the insurance company pay the motorcyclist's claim ?
How would he have done that? He can't notify the insurance themselves - there would be data protection issues.

I just searched the top 3 chippers and all had clauses in the terms of service advising the need to notify the insurance of the increase. I suspect most tuners have similar clauses.

For those claiming that the insurer would not pay out. There is lots of case law on this. If you could prove the modification was not material to the accident, that argument would fail

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back