Thistle Undercoat vs Thistle Bonding

11 Nov 2007
Reaction score
West Midlands
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help.

I had some plastering done by my builder. He left it smooth but on 1 of the walls there is a bow out by about 10mm. Due to other problems I have had with him I told him to leave the job. I just basically want to fill out that 10mm bowed board. It’s about 500mm x 500mm where it bows in. Can I apply a thistle Bonding coat to the plaster in that area to a depth of 10mm feathering it in and then just do a finish coat of easi fill.

I’ve searched everywhere on the internet to find out the difference between thistle Bonding and thistle Undercoat plaster with no real answers.

would this be the correct way to fill out that 10mm bowed area?
Sponsored Links
Not the greatest photo but it down by where the skirting will go there is about a 10mm bow on the finishing. When skirting is on it will look quite bad.


  • 41E04386-3175-49B8-AA77-8BC911C7B2E7.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 350
Just like to fill that are out but it’s a bit too much for multi finish I’m guessing. Wondering if I could fill it out with bonding and then smooth it out with a easi fill or something similar?
Your advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
You’ll struggle to feather it out to an invisible join with the existing. Just caulk the skirting. Looks less than 10mm in your pic anyway
I know I could feather it out with easi fill but I don’t think you can use easi fill thicker than 6mm can you?
get it skimmed flat before fitting the skirting . or caulk it after the skirtings on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local