Thomson Airlines just can't see it.

L

longdogs

A blind couple have been told that they cannot fly with Thomson Airlines (two weeks before they are due to fly) because they will not be able to see the safety demonstration. They have been told that they need to take a sighted carer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...afety-demonstration.html?ICO=most_read_module

I'm sure that the couple are used to not seeing things and the fact that they are prepared to embark on a flight to another country and negotiate all the carp that goes on at an airport, they are obviously capable of putting on a life jacket.

What they should be more concerned about is the fact that they will not be able to see the flight crew's sneers as they 'serve' their customers and that they will not be able to see the pile of doggy doo served up and disguised as an inflight meal.

Sponsored Links
Good God, look at that poor girl's face. I really do feel sorry for her. Surely there is a possibility of plastic surgery to improve things.

Anyway, back on topic, who does look at the safety demonstrations anyway? I think I probably watched one the first time I flew. In additions, surely blind people have flown before and stewardesses are trained and prepared to offer immediate help to such people in an emergency.

This company get all they deserve in the way of bad publicity.

(Edit: Silly me. I've just read the rest of the thread about this poor girl's surgery to improve things. I wish her well.)

I'm flying with them in a couple of months time to Cyprus. Luckily it's not a long flight but I'm not looking forward to it. I remember the days when flying was really exciting and all part of the holiday experience.

I'm 6' 6" & can't adopt the crash position whether I can see the demonstration or not, will I & other people like me be next?

Sponsored Links
I miss the whole in-flight meal and cups of tea thing - it broke up the monotony of the whole thing. Now, you're lucky if you get a second drink. One long drudge now - I hate the thought of the flight now.[/b]

I miss the whole in-flight meal and cups of tea thing - it broke up the monotony of the whole thing. Now, you're lucky if you get a second drink. One long drudge now - I hate the thought of the flight now.[/b]

I know it sounds harsh banning these ladies from flying, but in the event of an emergency evacuation they could possibly hinder others regressing the aircraft. But I do feel for them ........

I miss the whole in-flight meal and cups of tea thing - it broke up the monotony of the whole thing. Now, you're lucky if you get a second drink. One long drudge now - I hate the thought of the flight now.

They are still provided on many flights, its just that you have to pay extra for them

I know it sounds harsh banning these ladies from flying, but in the event of an emergency evacuation they could possibly hinder others regressing the aircraft. But I do feel for them ........

No more than some fecking great lard ar5e. And there's always plenty of them on any flight I get on :rolleyes:

No more than some f*****g great lard a**e. And there's always plenty of them on any flight I get on :rolleyes:

And what about paraplegics in wheelchairs. They are allowed on, aren't they?

Sponsored Links