Thorn apollo 15/30b Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Just turned on my boiler via 3 amp fused switch and heard a pop and saw a little smoke beside the control/wiring harness.

Changed the fuse and lit pilot all ok, the boiler fired and heating started coming on, pump working , turned the hot water stat on cylinder to zero and the heating down to 10.

Re lit boiler and it fired up straight away, it only stops firing when I turn the programmer off.
I can turn the grey knob on the gas valve and it will shut off as it should.

Could not see any damage to wiring harness or contacts nor any sign of burnt areas,
Is thera a circuit board under the electrical connectors?

Could the hi low thermostat switch have failed allowing the boiler to permanently fire up.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Quick update, the suppressor is at fault, it failed, on closer inspection, it even blew the plastic cover off.

Ordered a new one today, will fit tommorrow, my qustion is do these affect any other parts on the wiring system as the 3 amp fuse did not even blow? Like I said the boiler fired up, pump running, no visual damage elswhere, is the suppressor failure a common fault?

Regards

upload_2017-10-23_20-43-40.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back