Myson Apollo 30B Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a Myson Apollo 30B boiler which has suddenly stopped working, I’ve noticed in the past that occasionally it didn’t fire up straight away when turned on, but have never had any other trouble until now.

I have a fully pumped, balanced system.

It seems to only fire up when the boiler is cool, the 3 position switch clicks into position supplying live feeds to both the pump and the boiler simultaneously, however the boiler will cut out after a short while, seems to be directly related to how cool the boiler is to start with (it does this on both high and low settings), even though there is still a live feed supplied (checked at the multi block connections behind the high/low thermo switch), the pump continues to run and is working fine. I think that it may be the thermostat??? How can I test this?
Can anyone help please? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
CHECK FOR 240 at gas valve when it stops working when its meant to be on if its there its a faulty solenoid if its not its possibly boiler stat

I once found a wire broken inside its insulation up near the two thermostats at top right on one of these.

Excellent little boilers, probably the best non-condensing domestic boilers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the answers received, they’re much appreciated. ;) The symptom changed slightly inasmuch as one minute it would work a lot longer than another, then it wouldn’t fire up at all, unless left for hours to cool down,

I bought myself a multimeter rather than the illuminating screwdriver/tester I was using and was able to test exact voltages, then disconnected the solenoid to check for continuity across the windings, sure enough when there’s no continuity the boiler won’t fire up. Just bought a new solenoid (£11.96).

Jobs a good un, house nice n toasty, :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: ta very much both :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back