Thorn Apollo 30/50B Noise!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two weeks ago our antiquated Apollo 30/50B starting making a horrendous banging noise which made it pack up after each time it fired up. We had several no shows from plumbers and have only just been visited. The kind fellow changed the setting on the pump and now is fine, except....when the boiler fires up it makes a noise like a plane passing over the house (I think it sounds like a Hercules). I have bled all the radiators and checked the tank in the loft. Help!!

Sponsored Links
sounds like overheating caused by lack of flow. could be dying pump but most likely lot of sludge in system. do a search on the forum, tons of posts, you are likely to have the answer readily available.

I had a similar situation with my Apollo and it turned out to be the pump overrun thermostat was faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back