Thought i was clever :(

they were.. it's a bit dificult to follow, but with the reds crossed on that 2G switch, and one of them being the live / switch live from a defunct lounge light switch ( maybe some kind of 2 way rigged up.. ), the kitchen lights were in series with the lounge lights..

I take it back...you Are that good :)

see told you, no one ever believes me... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I've been trying to figure out this series idea. For that to happen, one of the lights must not have one side permanently attached to neutral. Since the kitchen lights now work, we have good reason to believe that these are wired correctly so the culprit would have to be the lounge light and I can see a way that this might have happened. :idea: :idea: :idea:

There are three ways to wire two-way lights. Two are well known. The third, which should never be used, has the light connected between the COMs of the two switches. If such a circuit was subsequently modified to remove the two-way switching, who knows what it might look like now.

Wayne11, what do you have in there? I really think you ought to find out. :!: :!: :!:

Wow - congratulations to the OP for not once getting a big bang/trip with all that trial and error! :)

Great detective work on figuring it out guys.

Liam

Sponsored Links
wouldn't ever get the big bang / trip since he's only changing the lives and switch lives around in the switch... no neutrals to contend with ( safely in a chock block in back of switch ) and unless he's working live, then the earth wouldn't be a problem for a dropped wire..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back