thump and stop !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. okay ive fit my own bathroom a few months ago. now the hot water tap on the sink will suddenly thump noise and stop or sometimes runs a little but with alot of noise ? now the problem is the shower ive fitted ( mira thermostatic valve) type that runs direct from c/h. runs from the same pipe work as the sink,the shower is fine . so am i correct in assuming its the cheap tap that come with the budget sink .
the hotwater pipe (15mm) runs along up to shower with a "t" branching off to the sink. cold is okay just the hot tap?
someone told me its air trapped in the pipes, but id assume it would apply to shower as well if that was the case ?
thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
been a while but you were spot on, i removed the old tap and took it to b and q. they gave me a new one . put it on and all is fine.
thanks for your help... :)

If its like some of the B and Q unbranded taps I've dealt with, won't be fine for long. :(

Sponsored Links
If its like some of the B and Q unbranded taps I've dealt with, won't be fine for long. :(

probably right mate. but they were all in with sink and bath and bog for under 200 notes so cant complain.
they exchanged them no quibble .
think its those plumbsure make.
but ill probably get upgraded taps when finances permit.

anyways thanks for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back