tight tap handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to change a washer on a kitchen mixer tap that is dripping, cold tap, but I cannot get the handle off. The hot side comes off fine. We have had to twist the tap quite hard for some time in order to try and reduce the drip. Have tried gently to lever it from the bottom but did not like to force it too hard. Also sprayed some silicone sray in but still no joy. I have had the handle off in the past to clean the muck that seems to accumulate inside. The tap is 22 yrs old. Anybody any ideas how I can get the handle off?

Sponsored Links
I wanted to change a washer on a kitchen mixer tap that is dripping, cold tap, but I cannot get the handle off. The hot side comes off fine. We have had to twist the tap quite hard for some time in order to try and reduce the drip. Have tried gently to lever it from the bottom but did not like to force it too hard

I have done lots of grunting to no avail!!

You said you tried gently in post #1 so I said try harder. Now you say you`ve done lots of grunting! :confused:
Sometimes I despair at posters here. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Try pouring boiling hot water over the tap handle. A little expansion with the heat very often works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back