Tightening UPVC Doors to Stop Draught

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had a conservatory built earlier in the year and now its cold im trying to stop as much draught as i can.

Ive noticed today that there is a noticeable gap at the top and bottom of the right hand side double doors, the left one seems fine.

Ive tried turning the rollers but they dont seem to make any difference. They just seem to turn in an oval shaped circle rather than left to right.

The catches are already pushed in as close to the door frame as possible.

I have attached a few pictures to show you what the bottom part of the door is currently like.

20170104_223117.jpg
20170104_223035.jpg
20170104_223059.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do you have the sort of door where, when you pull the handle up to lock it, two locks shoot out from the top and the bottom of the door (one up the sky and one down to the floor)? If so, there should be an adjustment on the slots where these locks go in to. I had the same issue with mine and this fixed it.

Do you have the sort of door where, when you pull the handle up to lock it, two locks shoot out from the top and the bottom of the door (one up the sky and one down to the floor)? If so, there should be an adjustment on the slots where these locks go in to. I had the same issue with mine and this fixed it.

Interesting, i'll have to have a look when i get home later. Its definatley got the hooks that come out the side when lifting the handle up, not sure if it will also have the ones top and bottom?

Isn't the frame wrongly constructed? The profile doesn't seem to line up

Sponsored Links
Isn't the frame wrongly constructed? The profile doesn't seem to line up

Can you expand a little on what you mean please? Think its something I can adjust myself?

Also, just looking at my picture again, it seems as though it may be the central UPVC bar which is stopping it closing any further? This is attached to the other door so wondering if that one needs adjusting too?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back