How to stop draught at door seal........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have noticed recently that the rear UPVC door into my kitchen it letting in draughts. On closer inspection, when the door is closed and locked, there is a section of the seal that you can see isnt closed completely.

I am thinking of trying to tighted the door in the frame so to speak, however, this gap seems to be situated towards the bottom of the door, which makes me wonder could the door be twisted slightly?

Also one of the bedroom windows is letting in a draught, again UPVC, it like the door isnt closing properly and when in the closed position internally, I still have to go outside and push the opening sash against the main frame of the window for it to close properly.

These seem like similar issues, ones which I am looking to sort ASAP with the cold weather not too far away.

I have thought about replacing the seals on both, however I am hopeful that someone could explain how to tighten both to see if that helps.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Did you ever get anything sorted about this.

im having the same problem with my front door.

Shegan,

Afraid not, plenty views of topic but no words of wisdom im afraid.

If u search the net there are some suggestions, however the terminology is abit hard to follow if you dont know what all the door components are called (like me) .

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back