Tile backer board and waterproofing detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have lined my ensuite with tile backer board as images below and have a few questions before I finish and move onto the tiles.

1) I have to waterproof the joints and over the screws but do you bond the waterproof from the backer board to the shower valve and shower head fittings?
2) would you do all of the joints or just those arround the shower
3) do you waterproof membrane the shower tray former to the latex adjoining it
4) anything look wrong with the way I have done the boards?
5) the boards cut easy - does the tile and adhesive make the wall firmer when installed?
20220220_164357.jpg
20220220_164414.jpg
20220220_164431.jpg

Sponsored Links
Where did you buy your boards from and is there plasterboard behind them? Also don’t forget extractor fan

Extractor fan is sorted just haven't cut the hole yet.

The boards are from abacus. 3 walls are bonded and fixed to solid walls. The 4th wall is back onto studs at approx 400mm centers.

Sponsored Links
I wasn't going to but where the walls had been knocked about a bit some needed making good and the outer wall was to be insulated internally so that needed to be lined. In the end i just decided to do the lot to give a decent and consistent sub base for the tiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back