Tile Glue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 tile around the taps that just keep falling off after a few weeks.

1 What's the strongest, waterproof adhesive? Or should I use one of those mastic guns if yes which is the strongest and waterproof.

2 Also I'm looking to re-grout the tiles in the toilet as some of it has come off. If I scrape off all the bad bits can I when grount over the whole lot including the good grout? It's all white.

3 If some of the tiles are a bit lose in middle will grouting it secure it or shall I attemp to remove them?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What's the wall like where you're putting these tiles? Is it damp? Is it dusty/powdery? When the tiles have fallen off, what state is the adhesive in? Has it fully gone off? What adhesive did you use to stick them on?

1. Any waterproof tile adhesive should be fine.

2. You can, but where the grout is ok you will probably wipe all of the new stuff off when you come to clean the grout from the tiles. It should be ok where the grout has fallen out though.

3. Remove them and re-apply adhesive (do this when you re-apply the tiles around the sink).

Gcol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back