Tile pipe fittings when fitting wall hung basin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Whenever I see wall hung basins or back to wall toilets with concealed pipe work, I see that the plumber must have left a piece of copper pipe or perhaps a male threaded end poking out of the wall, the tiler has then tiled around this, a nice chrome collar has then been put on the pipe/thread and the basin or water feed for the toilet has then been linked up using a flexi with a isolator valve built in.

But I can't see a simple product sold which includes the chrome collar, all I can see is the fixing kit that comes with a bar mixer shower, like this one:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/h-c-conte...ing-kit-chrome-effect/76919?_requestid=388084

Am I right in thinking this is how it is done and if so any advice on where to get the necessary collars, or kits?

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Collars will be available at all local independent plumbers merchants.

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KftmcBRUGu-28o!~~60_35.JPG

And a few other places.

Thanks Charnwood, I was obviously over egging it searching for a whole kit rather than just the collar! What a plonker.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back