Tile sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bathroom refurb to be done, part of which will involve building a cupboard in one corner.

Not chosen the tiles yet, or even started looking, but I've got a question about common sizes. The existing ones are 200 x 300mm, and that size seems to work well. Is that a common size?

The reason I ask is that I've got a reasonable amount of freedom with the size of the cupboard, so I want to make it a whole number of tiles deep.

Sponsored Links
BAS, the most common Wall tile sizes in the UK are as follows
15 x 15cm (6 x 6"), 20 x 20cm (8 x 8"), 20 x 25cm (8 x 10") and 20 x 30cm (8 x 12").

But there are plenty of variety in sizes, both bigger and smaller. I am sure you will find one that suits your application.
Don,t forget to factor in the grout line in to your measurements, wall tiles are normally left with a 2mm-3mm grout line. But again there are spacers that are bigger going up to about 7mm as standard. But I would recommend, sticking to 2-3mm.

Don,t forget to factor in the grout line in to your measurements, wall tiles are normally left with a 2mm-3mm grout line. But again there are spacers that are bigger going up to about 7mm as standard. But I would recommend, sticking to 2-3mm.
The bandit who tiled the room left 5-7mm grout lines - don't like them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back