tile under shower tray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i have installed aquapanel thermal on floor and am now ready to install the shower tray do i tile the wall or floor tiles first and then install the shower tray after or shower tray first.
thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for quick reply .am i better to let shower tray recess into walls slightly?

Sponsored Links
Id disagree with the order of that. Tile floor, then walls.

Id probably go floor, shower tray, walls, although theres no need to tile under a shower tray.

The tray might need rebating into the wall, depends if is got a raised lip as mentioned.

It's a common mistake to make. Floor last is the way to go though.
Search the forum (if it works) and read the discussion about just that - it's been well covered.

Floor last? Are you sure? Never seen that on any program of works or building site.

Floor last? Are you sure? Never seen that on any program of works or building site.

when i work for me, i do it as i see fit, either or, depending how long im doing on the job size of romms etc, but when i worked for bovis and persimmon they both wanted floors last.

I've never had that with Persimmons, nor ROKBuild, Galliford Trys, Crest Nicholson, Barratts, Hill Partnerships, Mitie interiors, etc etc, unless the site agent is a dickhead or something.

When I do it for my own work, I do it by the M40 specification.

i dont work down as far as the m40 i try to stay in the midlands.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back