Tiles and layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing our kitchen splashback in some 10cm square coloured tiles. Colours are white, blue and green and I want to mix them. Height of splashback will be 30-55cm - to be decided!

Is there a speciffic way of combining colours on these tiles. i.e. Is a uniform pattern better, or totally random? Equal numbers of each color, or more/less white tiles, can two tiles of the same colour touch each other or is that a total no-no?

Sorry if it sounds a bit of a daft question but I'm not sure what would look right and what wouldn't

Also, how to you 'end' the end of the tiles. Normally I'd use an end strip but as they will be mixed colours, I guess it will be the edge of the tile showing? How do I cover that - grout, silicone sealant or decorators caulk?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nobody??
Could do with knowing if these should be random or pattern?

Thanks

Personally I'd make it random, but then adjust if too many of one colour end up close together.

However, for a proper opinion you need to ask a woman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back