tiles for 15 degree roof pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of designing a single storey side extension to my property under permitted development ( height ridge <= 4m ), the probelm is to get the required span, the roof pitch at the rear has to be 15 degrees ( the front pitch is 36 degrees and matches the main house roof pitch ).
The tiles on the main house are Marley Ludlow Plus Interlocking concrete tiles. The problem is I have to match the existing tiles ( BCO ) but the tile spec says the minimum pitch they can be layed is 22 degrees ( which takes me over the 4m ridge height....aaaghhh! )

Does anyone know any tiles that are similar that I could get away / any "tricks" or advice. I've had a good look around and am stuck. This could stop the project its tracks....help!

I've uploaded a JPEG in my album called extension but its compacted it, I can send a copy through if required

Any help sincerely appreciated

Fingers cross

Ginga ( although rapidly disappearing!)

Sponsored Links
Alastair, thanks ever so much. I spent the so much time on the computer drawing, I completely missed the Wessex :oops:

They're not a bad match either, just have to convince the BCO, if the 15 degree rear pitch is the way we go ( I'm having doubts as to whether my design is going to be too much of an eyesore ) - any opinion?

Incidentally its quite impressive how you embedded the drawing in using the BBCode, seems like I've learn't two things from your post!

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back