Tiles onto floorboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been into Wickes where they have a new flexible floor tile adhesive which (according to the back of the pack) has been developed specifically for fastening tiles to floorboards directly.
Check it out if you need it. It was about £22.10 for a 10 litre tub.

Better than raising the level of your floor with ply.

Sponsored Links
You've just proved that you have never tiled directly onto floorboards and as such proved yourself to be a bullsh*tter. Nice going Joe. Might I suggest you hold your tongue about things you've never actually done - it might save someone reading your comments making an expensive mistake.
FOLKS DO NOT TILE DIRECTLY ONTO FLOORBOARDS.

Sorry mate. You are talking rubbish. All products are rigorously tested before they are marketed. You shouldn't be allowed to post about subjects you know nothing about. Go into your local Wickes store and tell them their product doesn't work (even though you've never tried it).
Better tell Trading Standards too eh? How many shops do Wickes have? About 70 isn't it?

Joe, why is it you seem to believe everything you read over the experiences of people that actually do this kind of thing for a living? How many products in DIY stores claim to be able to do something but are actually very poor at doing it? Blo*dy loads of em! If you've not used a product, you shouldn't recommend the use of it Joe. If you've ever had tile adhesive fail on you under circumstances like this you'd know not to even chance it in future and always play it safe and overboard or replace with ply. If the customer doesn't want to do the job correctly, walk away.

Sponsored Links
I do repair properties for a living. That's what I do. I buy them, renovate them and sell them. I've been doing this sort of thing for the past 30 years. What do YOU do for a living?

Why do you refuse to accept that technology has changed and that suitable products are available? Why can't you understand that they are tested before appearing on the shop floor? Go into a Wickes store and see for yourself.

Don't tell me they don't work - tell them. (they could do with a laugh)

Here's a link. Read the spec.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/235316

Doesn't change the fact that you've never used one of these products. I have and they don't work.
What I do for a living is none of your business, what I will say though is that tiling used to be my main line of business. I'm not trying to convince you Joe (I don't really care for you much) but what I am trying to do is inform any potential DIY tilers that you talk garbage and that they shouldn't tile directly onto floorboards under any circumstances. Feel free to reply with more drivel but I consider this case now closed. You can have the last word now.

The last word is in the link above your post.

As you say - you don't even work on property for a living - and it shows.

Moderator 4

Im having the last word. Pack it in now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back