Tiling a Victorian front path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small Victorian tiled front path which is looking worse for wear, with tiles missing. I think it's going to be easier to replace the tiles rather than tracking down replacements for the missing ones. I was therefore wondering what the best way to go about re-tiling would be? The thing is that there is a concrete "diamond" in the middle of the path, which I don't think would be the easiest thing in the world to remove, so I'm thinking about tiling over the old tiles, including the "diamond." What material should I use? Should I concrete over, or use another filler to get a flat surface to tile? Any advice would be much appreciated. . Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks lancanotalot! I'll have a look at that but there are tiles missing etc. Thank anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks lancanotalot! I'll have a look at that but there are tiles missing etc. Thank anyway.

if you are definatly not willing / able to pull up all the old tiles why not go to your local tile stockist, go to the bargain ection get some cheap tiles that are there or there abouts the size (dont forget width as well as depth and length) and fill the holes in with those.

or you could just fill it in with concrete

make sure its set and dry before you attempt to tile over tho

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back