Tiling and Baths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
So, I'm having a new bathroom fitted. The plumber comes round a we discuss where things are going and when things need fitting (ie toilet and sink after the floor has been done. Anyway the bath was fitted and I tiled all round. Yesterday I thought I'd put the bath panel in just to see what it would look like. I can bearely push it under it's so tight. I have got to have the floor done yet which will raise the floor up by another 5 or 6mm.
I do not want to take the tiles off round the bath (i've already had to take one off cause the plumber didnt put the shower pipes wide enough) is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Two options, refit the bath to the correct height or cut the bath panel.

Mudster said:
Two options, refit the bath to the correct height or cut the bath panel.
OK, If I take the bath out and get it to the right height then it will be above the height of the tiles that are round the bath, is this a problem or can I seal round it? I dont really want to cut the bath panel as it's curved at one end and made of plastic.

Thanks Andy

Sponsored Links
Carefully remove the first layer of tiles, refit the bath and retile that one row.

Chalk it up to experience and remember not to do it next time,

So it might take a half a day or so to do this, but considering your expecting say 10 years use out of the room and will need to look at it on a daily basis, then a half day isn't really much is it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back