Tiling round a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new bathroom fitted and have recently plastered walls. I am going to tile the walls but am unsure when to tile. I would prefer to tile before the bath went, tile below the level of the bath and then seal round the bath with a ceramic bath trim, can this be done? I don't want to have to cut tiles to fit round the corner of the bath. Any advice would ba appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't do it that way myself. Water may well penetrate behind the trim. The trim will then eventually fall off. It probably wont stick to a nice glossy tile in the first place. Don't try and take short cuts. Do the job properly from the off. Do it cheap, do it twice!

Don't entirely agree on that. Sorry.
Sometimes, the bath is a tight fit to the walls at each end, making it impossible to tile first.
If I've got room to do it, I always tile first, then fit the bath.
The bath is bracketed to the wall, and I also screw battens to the wall butted up to the bath edges and ends, then screwed to the wood under the bath edge.
The feet are screwed to the floor.
Then there's the wooden frame on the bath panel side.
That bath's moving nowhere!
A run of mastic around the top, then the trim on top if you like.
My two 'pennorth. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back