tiling bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i am going to install a new bath for the firs time, and also put some new tiles in the bathroom at the same time
do i need to tile before fitting the new bath so that the tiles are between the bath and the plaster wall or can i tile up to the top of the bath edge after fitting
Thanks

Sponsored Links
While working on building sites, I observed proffessional tilers fitting the tiles prior to the bath being fitted, extending down to about one tile below the level of the bath top. Thus I assumed this was the proper method. :) However, I have since been told that the bath should be fitted to the wall first and the tiles laid down to the top, ensuring that the water runs onto the top of the bath rather than down between the wall and bath. :confused: I am also undertaking this project and intend to fit the bath first, seal to the wall with clear silicon, tile down to the bath top, then seal to the tiles with more silicon sealant. "Belt and braces" approach, better to be safe than sorry.

Nick. :cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back