fixing bath to wall...help?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am probably the most dangerous kind of diyer, a novice who knows a bit!! I am in the process of swapping my bathroom suite over like for like and have now come to the bath. My issue at the moment is how exactly to go about fixing the steel bath to the wall. At the moment all that remains of the old frame is the timber surround. It was a metal elaborate looking frame that was fixed to the old acrylic bath that actually had some brackets sunk into the wall and cemented over and plastered!!

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated as I really want to do the job right not just quickly or as cheap as possible.

Thanks,

Phil

Sponsored Links
level the bath in place then knock off the plaster below top lip of bath. Set bath back to brickwork and squeeze a load of silicon between bath and bricks. Now replaster down to bath and tile. Also screw feet to the floor.

If you do a search on > +bath +wall < I think you'll find a few threads on this.

Sponsored Links
1. If the floor is at all loose or wobbly, then start by screwing it down.
2. Assemble the bath to the frame, if it has one.
3. Set height of bath to suit the panel - take into account finished floor height.
4. If the bath has feet that can be screwed down, then screw them down.
5. Make the bath level once the feet have been screwed down.
6. Tile the walls above the bath, with the bottom edge of the bottom tile being no more than 2mm above the deck.
7. Grout the tiles above the bath.
8. Fill the bath with water, and leave it full.
9. Apply top quality mildew resistant sanitary silicone sealant to the 2mm gap you left between the bottom tiles and the bath deck.
10. Wait for 24 hours, then empty the bath.

BTW, if you don't know how to do step 4 without struggling, just ask.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back