Is this normal for a bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal for an acrylic bath (a "showercube" from Bathstore) to come with neither fixing points and brackets for steadying the bath onto the wall nor instructions that dictate that a frame be built?

I have only just got it levelled but it does feel flimsy on its legs, even when the feet are screwed down. Its against two walls. The side you get into I am sure will flex.

Is it out with the 3x2 for me then?

Sponsored Links
A couple of angle brackets normally fix to the bath timber frame then sunk into the wall before tileing, the legs of the bath have holes in them to screw to the floor, but a steel bath would have been better.

Thanks.

It has no frame on it, and no mention of one in the instructions.

you can either build a cradle and slot the bath into it or batton the back wall to support the back of the bath and strut the front side to support the the front side which will help fitting the side panel, without the timber supports that acrylic bath will always have movement, dont think the supplier/manufacturer will worry about the way its fitted thats down to the fitter.

Sponsored Links
ah OK thanks. more fool me for thinking that the manu might give a toss that their product is installed right

and dont get me started on basin wastes...they seem to be designed to leak.

I had to do a bath waste for friends the other day.

The only way it wouldn't leak was when I assembled the bottom bits ( it was only of those with a banjo for the overflow) in the complete reverse to the diagram.

Barstewards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back