Tiling and grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

2 questions - Just tiled my bathroom and unfortunately I ran out of grout and then ended up using a different colour grout - anything I can do to help the colour mismatch?

I want to also tile my kitchen - the tiles seem to be very secure so should I tile over them or remove the existing tiles?

How easy are the kitchen tiles to remove?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
2 questions - Just tiled my bathroom and unfortunately I ran out of grout and then ended up using a different colour grout - anything I can do to help the colour mismatch?
I'm not being funny, but what did you expect the outcome would be using grouts that are different colours?

I want to also tile my kitchen - the tiles seem to be very secure so should I tile over them or remove the existing tiles?
Ideally you should remove them, but it is certainly possible to over-tile.

How easy are the kitchen tiles to remove?
That's impossible to answer - your kitchen tiles might be easier or more difficult to remove that the next person's.

Ok Thanks.
The grout is the same colour but a different shade of that colour - so after the grout set you can see it - it's not that noticeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back