Tiling and plastering a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am sure this has been mentioned in other topics but i am getting a bit confused with all the different answers.
I am re-doing my bathroom. I have taken all the old tiles off and with it some of the plaster it was attached to.
I was going to re-plaster the patches using multi finish but wasn't sure how long i have to wait before i can tile on top. The thickness of the plaster i will need is about 2-3mm.
If it is more than two days is there anything else i can use to level the walls before tiling, like wickes ready mixed plaster tub white stuff....supposed to dry really quickly. Ideally i want to level the walls then start on the tiling straight away... any suggestions or have i gone mad???

thanks alot in advance.
Kam

Sponsored Links
yes it is about 2 -3 mm. the patches vary from small...3cmx3cm some are large 60cm x 60cm

hi everyone

Just an after thought...can i layer tile adhesive to even out the walls..then put on more adhesive once dry to stick on the tiles??? or is this a definite no no??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back