Tiling around corner with trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 600 x 900 tiles. I am at an internal corner with a 450 cut, would you normally start the next wall with a 150 cut then full tile?

If so then I have will have a cut into a external corner. Would you normally not run the uncut edge until a external corner bead ejther side to keep it neat? Can't see how a cut edge into a trim would look neat at all?

Sponsored Links
You measure and plan layout to give even spacing at each side of a wall .

Sponsored Links
You measure and plan layout to give even spacing at each side of a wall .
I get that, I have found the centre point and roughly run off that, but whatever I do I wasn't going to end up with a full cut on the external corner I mentioned.

It's not always possible to avoid cut edges at an external bead. They look neat enough once a bit of tile grout has worked its way into the little gaps between the tile and the external bead.

It's not always possible to avoid cut edges at an external bead. They look neat enough once a bit of tile grout has worked its way into the little gaps between the tile and the external bead.
So you reckon that even with the chipped edges of a wet cutter they will look alright on a bead? Tried using a normal tile cutter. But tiles are 9.5mm porcelain and they always seem to break by about 10mm right at one end.

On a spare piece, try a score then cut , waste side up to the line with your wheel and see you improve on the cut quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back