Tiling external corner, trim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have got a bathroom to tile but am struggling to work out an external corner trim detail.

The shower is in a recess which needs tiling to the ceiling but from the recess I only want to tile the walls half way.

How is best to do the corner detail as can't fit a bead as it will be proud where at the top where it isn't tiled.

One option is to bead the corner upto the height where the tiles are going to return around the corner and cut the tiles above flush with the wall and pain the exposed ends.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Pop onto you tube...type in..

Cutting 3way mitre with tile trim...

Look for tictic70 and you will get step by step guide...

Ps it's in a broad glasgow accent so you may need to look an listen more than
once... :LOL:

How about setting the tile edge slightly back from the corner so the mismatch is a little bigger and looks planned.

Sponsored Links
Can't really set it back as shower door is about 25mm from the edge.

Not so much after the three way mitre .I possibly not explained it the best. Basically external corner, one wall being tiled full height the other wall half height. How would a pro do the corner detail or is it usual to swap from full height to half height on an internal corner.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back