external corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I want to redo my bathroom and tile it. Where i get to tile the external corners and the two tiles meet is it possible not to use trims and have a nice finish? When i did a bathroom for a friend a couple of months ago i noticed that the tiler had not used trims and the corners did look very sharp, however when i went back the day after, then edges had been smoothed down and grouted and looked really professional ( i wish i had asked him there and then!!) Is it possible that the tiler cut the external tiles at 45 degrees where they meet and then sanded the edges down and grouted them? The tiles he used were very large, but for my bathroom i would like to use 200 by 200 ones.Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
The fixer chamfered/bullnosed them by the sounds off it....then sanded with grit paper...

Not for the Diyer if you ask me.

Sponsored Links
BTW do you mitre them with a hack saw or can i do that also with a wet saw. Sorry for the silly question but i am a plumber new to tiling. Ta

a wet saw, but to get goo results you need a good quality overhead one. you can also run into trouble with large format tiles if they are slightly bowed

Hi all. If you cannot finish a wall with a full tile and say you finish it with a 1/4 of a tile, would you start the adjacent wall ( being it external or internal corner) with the remaining cut of the previous tile ( 3/4) or with a full tile? or would i have to start the adjacent wall from the middle hoping not to finish with a tile of different size of that of the adjacent wall? Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your time. If you have a link discussing all the option avaible regarding the above situation i would really appreciate it.Thank you for your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back