Tiling external corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm tiling a kitchen wall and also a deep window ledge that meets the wall. Similar to this...

p_71_bottomleft.jpg

If I use trim when the edges meet, do I need a special trim for an external corner or can I just use a trim for the top of a section of tiles (like below) and butt up to at 90 degrees?

TEL632.gif

I'll also be using trim on the vertical edge. I'd rather not have to mitre the two edges together and I've heard of some corner pieces that connect the two edges together, seamlessly. Does this work?

I won't be using trim on the internal corner, so it's just a 2-way meet.

FYI, the tiles are mosaic on hessian backing. Is this the best way to finish the corners? I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult to mitre the edges of the mosaics in order to not use trim at all.

Any advice is as always, much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sponsored Links
tile rite (the trim provider in this instance) make corners to match and fit your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back