Fitting Tile Trim to External Corner (3 Way)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've tried searching and i've got the same problem as mentioned in this thread:

Hi,

I'm tiling half way up a window reveal so I have two external corners to put trim around.

Trouble is I can't work out how to do the joins where the three trims meet (horizontal along wall / horizontal out of the window reveal / vertical up the window reveal).

Can anyone help please?!

- //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=346320#346320

However, The answer posted hasn't 100% cleared things up.

jimbocam

What you have to do is cut the upright (vertical) strip straight, fit this first between the tiles, then mitre the two horizontal strips to form a 90 deg mitre joint and fit this behind your top row of tiles.
The centre of this mitre joint then sits over the top of the straight cut of the vertical strip.

Hope this helps

The strip i'm planning to use is curved, so if I were to mitre the two horizontal trims then I would be left with a point sticking out over the curve of the vertical trim...

Any help / products I could use would be brilliant.

Thnx, Jason.

Sponsored Links
right handyandy ...you got me???..... :LOL: :LOL:

the 3 mitre...????
ok check screw fix tiler talk...under tic tic !!!!

or give me time time 2 sober up.... :LOL: :LOL: ...or...
i will post a..STICKY....!!!!!!

....or maybe some one out there...knows how to do THE THREE WAY MITRE... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

right handyandy ...you got me???..... :LOL: :LOL:

the 3 mitre...????
ok check screw fix tiler talk...under tic tic !!!!

or give me time time 2 sober up.... :LOL: :LOL: ...or...
i will post a..STICKY....!!!!!!

Have you got a link mate?

I've got 2 of these corner pieces in chrome but they don't match up with the vertical trim. I've looked at modifying one to go round the horizontal corner and have vertical cut flat but the curve radius is different if you get me...

3-Way Corner / Wall Trim Thing

Need something like in the schematic pic but can't seem to find anything :/

Thnx, Jason.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
ok a 3 way mitre..
tools needed..hacksaw/mitre block ...here we go ;)

cut trim on the 45 then...stand it up and cut thro the 45 in half (so you will have an arrow shape)...
next..
cut another 45 in your mitre block(oppisite) the first 45...again once cut stand it up in the mitre block and cut the 45 in half(again an arrow shape)..

last bit...

this time STAND the trim up in the mitre block and cut on the 45...
then lie in down and cut the 45 in half(arrow shape)..

you will now have a 3 WAY MITRE (3 arrow shapes) that will all butt nicley to one another.... ;) ;)

practise makes perpect lads and lassies.... :D

ok a 3 way mitre..
tools needed..hacksaw/mitre block ...here we go ;)

cut trim on the 45 then...stand it up and cut thro the 45 in half (so you will have an arrow shape)...
next..
cut another 45 in your mitre block(oppisite) the first 45...again once cut stand it up in the mitre block and cut the 45 in half(again an arrow shape)..

last bit...

this time STAND the trim up in the mitre block and cut on the 45...
then lie in down and cut the 45 in half(arrow shape)..

you will now have a 3 WAY MITRE (3 arrow shapes) that will all butt nicley to one another.... ;) ;)

practise makes perpect lads and lassies.... :D

Thnx, I'll give it a go :D

I think i'll need a good few practise attempts to get it perfect though!

lol - certainly never even tried a 3-way mitre before.....might have to have a play next time.

I get over the problem by only using square profile trim :p It makes for cleaner lines anyway imo.

lol - certainly never even tried a 3-way mitre before.....might have to have a play next time.

I get over the problem by only using square profile trim :p It makes for cleaner lines anyway imo.

hi paul
lot nicer finish with the 3way.. :D

let me know how you get on bud... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back