Tile trim question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All ,

I hope you can advise which is the best way top proceed with some tiling I have to do.

I have tiled before but just straight walls with no window reveals and I am not sure which way to attach the tile trim.

If I were to use the inverted J shape trim (channelled ,where the tile fits into the groove) would anything change?

option 1 , attach the tile trim (quadrant) to the vertical wall

option 2 , attach the tile trim (quadrant) to the window ledge , horizontally.

also in the corners of the window reveal I take it they are mitred ?

I have attached some pics and a quick sketch in case that helps .

Many Thanks in advance for any help, advice given

Glenn

Attachments

• WP_20170222_18_04_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_18_04_39_Pro.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 238
  • WP_20170222_18_04_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_18_04_33_Pro.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 284
  • WP_20170222_18_14_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_18_14_24_Pro.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 181
Sponsored Links
If I understand your post: then the leg or fin of the trim always stays inside the reveal and the trim itself overshoots the wall tiles..
Set all the trim the same way.

If trim or mitring is not used then the reveal tile always comes out proud and overshoots the wall tile.

Tile up the wall to within a few mill from the window reveal - thus allowing the grout to go in the joint. Then put the quadrant on the reveal, and tile the flat part of the reveal; a grout line here isn't so desperate as you've got a straight line on the tile. Instead of trying to mitre the corners of the reveal, having tiled up to the side wall of the reveal, use a spacer, and then tile up the side of the reveal.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back