3 way mitre?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finishing off the kitchen, got one headache though.

I am tiling about half way up a window, there are thre trims that meet at the top corners. I have mitred the two horizontal trims, no problem. The vertical trim howver doesn't sit right where it meets the horizontal trims. I have heard about doing a three way mitre but can't get my head around it, does any one have any advice or pics, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you mitre the vertical trim on the window reveal and then the horizontal on the outside wall you should then be able to use a straight cut from the back edge of the trim into the window frame,thats how I normally do it.
Once its grouted up they look fine ;)

Triple mitre's can be difficult to do but when they are done properly, they look great.

Only advice I can give is that you have to do it by eye. Mitre the horizontal pieces first. Offer the 3rd piece up and cut it into a spear head. Then cut your 2 horizontal pieces into spearheads.

Not got any pics - sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back