tiling help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling a kitchen that has a arga stove in it. I want to tile behind this. How do you support the bottom row of tiles behind the stove. There is a gap and want tile a row behind it. But if it not supported. The tiles will start dropping with the weight of the other rows on top. is it just a simple form of just using a battern or do tilers use something else to support them behind a unit.

Sponsored Links
one trick I have heard of is to tile rows going down the wall and use masking tape to get support from the row above...

I think it was on this forum that I read it in fact....do a search...could be worthwhile.

Alternative would be to use rapidset adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice guys. I think i will support with a battern and then mask the bottom row once the rest are set. That way i am only supporting the 1 single row behind in the cooker.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back