tiling on kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to tile between wall cabinets and worktop for my mothers new kitchen but she wants to tile over the side panel of the larder unit to match the wall if you catch my drift. Is this advisable and are there any precautions i should take to prevent tile movement.
What concerns me is the larder unit will be in constant use with the door opening and closing all the time and could this cause tiles to come loose.
The larder unit is a normal B&Q carcass with an oak effect end panel.

Sponsored Links
If there's any flex in the panel then you're asking for trouble. If not, I recommend you fix some WBP ply to the panel then tile onto that.

Thanks for confirming. A panel would add to the thickness and make the finish edge too proud of the unit edge.

I think this is going to be more agg than needed. Tanks any way

Tell your mum I had it done on the side of the built-in-freezer cabinet, and the tiles fell off.

Sponsored Links
could do but this a new kitchen and the whole panel would need to be brought to a finish standard so as not to stand out and that is just too much grief when the panel supplied is already matched to the rest of the kitchen. Again thanks anyway but the tiling will finish where most normal people want it to. (sorry Mum, you are normal really)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back