kitchen fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In what order should I do things? When my mum bought an MFI kitchen years ago, they got a colour booklet showing where to do level lines, what order to fix cabinets in, it was very useful. But this B&Q kitchen just comes with 1-page photocopied instructions for each cabinet.

The kitchen consists of a tall larder unit in a corner, followed by the following base units: 400, 600 oven, 400, (corner) 1000 corner, 800 drawer, 1000 sink.

And along the top, 300, chimney hood, 800 corner (custom modify), (corner), 400, 300.

I think I should start at the larder unit and work round the base, then work round the top. Seems logical because then I can take my levels from the larder unit.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
You should always start fitting base units from the corner and work outwards. That'll make your larder unit one of the last base units to be fitted. After the base units are fixed, you can then proceed with the wall units. Your quite correct that the larder unit will set the height of the wall units though. ;) ;) ;)

The only thing with that is between the corner and the larder unit is the oven housing and hood, which will be centred on the wall, and there is about an inch each side of the oven housing. So I will start at the corner, then do the larder and the adjacent base unit. Then I can centre the oven housing and fix that in place.

(essentially theres a corner unit, 400, <gap> oven, <gap> 400, larder.

I'm ****ed at the moment because I've got hundreds of colour matched base end panels, but only one colour matched wall end panel. Clearly I needed at least two, one each side fo the hood! Now I have to wait a couple of weeks for that as B&Q dont stock them in store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back