Daughter's kitchen - Question 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As mentioned in the other post the kitchen is awkward and to make best use of space am looking at using 2 1000 corner base units but . . . .

Need to slide one in further towards the corner and fit a 400 door and slide one further out and fit a 600 door.

On the 600 unit I know this will leave a visible hole to plug where the centre pillar should have been fixed (only visible when the door is open) and I will need to calculate where to fit the pillars but are there any other difficulties with this approach?

With B&Q IT units you buy the door separately.

Sponsored Links
Centre pillar is positioned to suit door, they accommodate a variety of door sizes.So, no holes to plug.[good ranges provide a range of corner unit sizes so centre column remains centered].

There are 2 sizes of corner unit in the range and I intend to fit two.

The first will be a 1000 unit (designed for 2 500 doors) but as we only have room for a 400 door the unit will be slid further into the corner and the pillar fitted 100mm further along the cabinet.

The second is to fill a 600mm gap so it will be moved away from the corner by 100mm and a 600 door fitted with pillar fitted to suit.

Both will have drawers fitted. . . . . . . Further thought - is there room for a drawer to open past another drawer??? Will need to go and check their display kitchen again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back