Daughter's Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
She wants kitchen refitting and guess who drew the short straw - and I wasn't even there!

Kitchen is small and she wants low level hob, dishwasher and washer/dryer so that leaves a 600 unit under the sink, two corner units and a 300 unit beside the fridge.

Only space for drawers (she does not want drawers around the top) is the 300 unit but the kitchen she has chosen does not have a 300 drawer pack.

She has suggested hidden drawers behind a full height door.

Am concerned that having a drawer front behind the door, and having to set the drawer 15mm back from where it would normally be may mess things up, Am considering using something like this

http://comptools.co.uk/store/hafele-metal-drawer-sides-high-cream-white-finish-p-23353.html

With Conti front, sides and back.

Would these be OK or should I just use

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Ironmongery/Kitchen Hardware/Steel Drawer Runners/d170/sd2674/p42754

And make a conti drawer with a hardboard base?

Sponsored Links
having to open a door to open a drawer in a small kitchen will be a very silly idea in my opinion
you will also have to remove each side off the drawer front to fit internally plus the top off the top and the bottom off the bottom drawer front
s stupid as gloss black worktops
form over function :eek:

My guess is the door would be unscrewed and left off in a week or less.

another thought the drawers wont come past the hinges in the carcase for the door :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the thoughts, kitchen is small in terms of number of units and awkward because she wants so many appliances. There is plenty of room as it is a living room/kitchen with no wall between them, kitchen is C shape.

Hadn't thought about the hinges but should have done, have done this once before with a 500 unit and the wife cursed it continually. Will look at our kitchen tonight to check if the drawer will clear the door.

Narrower drawers to clear hinges means less space in the drawers, alternately space the drawers so the hinges are in the gaps between.

Drawer fronts would be white conti as they are hidden when the door is closed.

Talked the options through with her last night and she was avoiding drawers in all the units to reduce cost but as she only needs 2-3 drawers it only puts the cost up by around £80 so that is the way we are going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back