Tiling on soaked plasterboard!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have stripped of old tiles from wall and have discovered that the water has got behind the old tiles and because they were just plastered walls, the plaster has absorbed the water.
I am waiting for the walls to dry then i was going to fix some cement boards (aquaboards) directly onto the plastered walls without battoning becuase otherwise it would bring the wall out to far over the bath.
My concerns are am i doing the right thing in first waiting for the walls to completly dry and would it be ok to fix the cement boards straight onto the plastered wall without battoning as long as it is a secure fixing (wall plugs and screws)?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Lee

Sponsored Links
Let it dry out then see how sound it is before boarding over it.If it's still in good condition you may be able to tank it and tile over.

If its naff then dot and dab plasterboard over it,again when dried out,then as you said drill,plug and screw it to the wall,then tank it.

Don't go over the walls while they are still damp though,that's a definate no no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back