Tiling onto bath panel, help needed please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to tile over my bath panel, problem is it is a pvc, p-shaped panel. Im assuming that I cannot tile directly onto the PVC, so what would you suggest.I know I will have to use the flexible mosaic tiles, just dont know whether to fit something to the panel, or remove it and build a frame. Help appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Hi, I want to tile over my bath panel, problem is it is a pvc, p-shaped panel. Im assuming that I cannot tile directly onto the PVC, so what would you suggest.I know I will have to use the flexible mosaic tiles, just dont know whether to fit something to the panel, or remove it and build a frame. Help appreciated...

you defo cannot tile onto your bath panel, a photo would be a good help, can you not make a panel then tile onto it ?

I have done this once

But the panel is plasterboard, I don't anticipate having to take it off very often and in 4 years have not had to do so.

Plywood was too flexible and the tiles kept flling off - probably because I used the wrong adhesive!

I have done this once

But the panel is plasterboard, I don't anticipate having to take it off very often and in 4 years have not had to do so.

Plywood was too flexible and the tiles kept flling off - probably because I used the wrong adhesive!

more than likely because the ply you were trying to use was to thin, hence it being too flexible for the job

Sponsored Links
I have done this once

more than likely because the ply you were trying to use was to thin, hence it being too flexible for the job

Possibly - it was 12mm WBP, didn't want to go any thicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back