Tiling around a bath / bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new Armitage Shanks Sandringham bath, an Aquis wooden bath panel, and I need to build a shelf the width of the bath and about 100mm deep at the end of the bath. I then need to tile the shelf and fit the panel. No instructions with the panel, and the bath says refer to panel fitting instructions!

So ...

Does the panel go under the bath lip, or on the outisde? If it's underneath then what about the corners? Bath has a slightly rounded corner. Also when tiling the shelf should I bring tiles onto top lip of bath? Or stop short and silicon in between? What about the corner of the bath where the tiles / bath / panel all meet?

All advise appreciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I am doing the same thing at the moment and your main problem arises when your bath panel is made to fit the bath (it goes under the lip) but it will only be the same length as your bath i assume so yes you can of course tile the ledge/ shelf but you also need to think how you will finish the extra 4 inch strip the panel doesn't cover.

I ended up using the floor tiles up the side and on the shelf to break it up a bit but that is because i had different wall and floor colours.

You also need to carefully think about how to finish the corner between the horizontal shelf and the vertical bit at the end of the panel.

Sponsored Links
I have an Armitage Shanks Universal bath panel. When I opened the pack up, there was no sign of any fitting instructions. The panel fits well, but needs to be secured somehow. There are some clips included with the panel, but I haven't a clue how to use them. Any advice greatly received.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back