Tiling up to bath with side panel...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all... As per the tiling guide, it has always been my intention to tile up to my new bath and silicon seal between the tile and the bath deck... however, as the moulded side panel extends the complete length of the bath, the tiles down the side would then prevent the side panel from fitting unless i cut the nice moulded curved end off or attempted to cut the tiles up the curvy panel.

It would look alot neater and be easier if i broke the rules and tiled the end wall first, then butted the bath up to it (with a bead of sealant down into the gap) so as to not have to chop up and weaken the the side panel.

Would this option be considered a no-no or a suitable alternative in this case?

Sponsored Links
IMO that would provide a poorer seal than tile down onto the bath with a 2 or 3 mm gap with silicone in. Is your bath a straight bath, is th epanel definatly the length of the bath?

IMO that would provide a poorer seal than tile down onto the bath with a 2 or 3 mm gap with silicone in. Is your bath a straight bath, is th epanel definatly the length of the bath?

I agree that the seal would potentially not be as good and ideally, that is the way i wanted to do it, but with this end panel its making me think twice. It is a shower bath in the p shape and the panel is definately the complete length unfortunately...

any advice welcomed.

Sponsored Links
If I imagine your bath panel correctly, my imho would be to install the bath properly, put the panel, cut the tiles around the curved panel, silicon the curve. Otherwise, if you butt the panel against the tiled wall, there would be a small gap between them collecting dirt and mould.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back